ANPR-EN040 Ancient Fairy Dragon Yu-Gi-Oh! Card
+ 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster
from your hand. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect
. Once per turn, you can destroy a Field Spell
Card. If you do, gain 1000 Life Points, and you can add 1 Field Spell
Card from your Deck to your hand.
TCG Play Status for Ancient Fairy Dragon Yu-Gi-Oh! Card
Full list of Limited and Forbidden Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards »
Visitors who viewed this Yu-Gi-Oh! card also viewed
Write a Card Review and See All Card Reviews »
UDuelists 18 November 2011
She is the first Signer Dragon to have an effect that allows the user to gain life points, and perhaps the only Signer Dragon whose abilities were capable of wiping out the Earthbound Immortals and Malefic archetypes without a sweat, as both archetypes rely heavily on field spells to remain alive. She’s also the only Signer Dragon that can special summon another monster, but at the cost of skippin... Read Full »
Play tips for this YuGiOh Card
- This card is useful against any decks that rely on field spells, such as Zombie World, Geartown, Ojama Country, Ancient Forest, Clock Tower Prison, Harpie's Hunting Ground, Necrovalley or A Legendary Ocean.
- This can greatly speed up the summoning in "Zombie World" or "A Legendary Ocean" decks. In the former it can help summon Zombie Master to summon even more zombies, as well as leave your normal summon open. It can also help summon Paladin of the Cursed Dragon, who can summon other monsters thanks to" Zombie World". In A Legendary Ocean decks, it can summon level 5 monsters, notably Catapult Turtle, who's level will be reduced thanks to A Legendary Ocean, as well as provide a quick tribute to summon level 7 monsters, who's level will be reduced as well and requiring only one tribute.
- If planned beforehand, this card's effect is also useful for Special Summoning Destiny Hero - Dreadmaster once all 4 Clock Counters have been placed on Clock Tower Prison, but "Destiny Hero - Dreadmaster"'s effect will destroy "Ancient Fairy Dragon".
- The following apply if you use a deck with Geartown: Use this card's effect to destroy Geartown. Doing this will allow you to bring out Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon or other "Ancient Gears", except for Ancient Gear Golem and Ancient Gear Beast (they cannot be special summoned). You can also Special Summon a Gadget monster, then tribute it while "Geartown" is on the field to summon Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon or Ancient Gear Golem. You can also summon two "Gadgets" a turn to quickly thin your deck and swarm the field (to do this, simply normal summon one "Gadget" and then special summon the "Gadget" that was added to your hand through "Ancient Fairy Dragon"'s effect).
- This card can work well with Ojama Country since it changes its ATK for its DEF and you recover life points for it.
- This card can work well with decks that use Ancient Forest. Simply use "Ancient Fairy Dragon"'s summoning effect, skip your battle phase, and the next time you want to attack, destroy the Ancient Forest (and gain 1000 life points) and then attack. After you've attacked, play the other "Ancient Forest" in your hand during your Main Phase 2.
- You can create a normal summon lockdown with this card, Recycle, and at least 2 Future Visions. First, activate Future Visions and Recycle. Since your opponent's monster is removed from play until his/her next turn, use Ancient Fairy Dragon's effect to destroy Future Visions and search for another Future Visions in your deck. With Recycle, you can return the destroyed Future Visions to your deck to repeat the process each turn and, best of all, the cost for Recycle is covered by Ancient Fairy Dragon's effect.
- This card fits well in a "Gemini" deck, which is composed of lots of level 4 or lower monsters that rely on being quickly Summoned.
- This card is great against Earthbound Immortal and Malefic monsters, because they need field spells to stay on the field. It is also useful in Life Points increasing decks.
- Lightsworn monsters can help benefit from this monster's Special Summoning effect. One way is using this card as a back up way of summoning Wulf, Lightsworn Beast, even if "Wulf" is added to your hand from the deck instead of going directly to the Graveyard.
- This card is very useful in decks were is needed to swarm the field, like in a Six Samurai Deck.
- This card can also help speed up the Summoning of other Synchro Monsters as it can Special Summon one Level 4 or lower monster each turn.
- This card is great in an Ojama Deck. Especially since this card has a high DEF which can been switched to ATK with "Ojama Country", and "Ojama Country" can be searched for with this card.
Report error on site!
This page uses some content from Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia
at Wikia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.