DB1-EN078 Mirror Wall Yu-Gi-Oh! Card
Halve the ATK of all your opponent's attacking monsters
. Pay 2000 Life Points during each of your Standby Phases. If you do not, destroy this card.
TCG Play Status for Mirror Wall Yu-Gi-Oh! Card
Full list of Limited and Forbidden Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards »
Rulings for Mirror WallYu-gi-oh! Card
If "Mirror Wall" is already face-up on the field when a monster declares an attack, "Mirror Wall" reduces the ATK of the attacking monster by half when the attack is declared.
If "Mirror Wall" is activated during an attack (including during the Damage Step), then it reduces the ATK of the attacking monster when "Mirror Wall" resolves. (Even though "Mirror Wall" normally reduces the attack by half when the attack is declared, it will still reduce the attack by half if you activate it after the attack is declared.)
If "Mirror Wall" halves the ATK of a monster, it remains halved as long as "Mirror Wall" remains face-up on the field. If "Mirror Wall" is removed from the field, the ATK of the monsters is restored.
If a monster attacks twice (over 2 turns, or if "Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning" attacks twice in a row, etc.), its ATK is still only reduced by half once. So "Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning" will have 1500 ATK for both of its attacks, for example.
If you have 2 copies of "Mirror Wall", and a monster attacks, its ATK is one-quarter. So "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" would have 750 ATK, for example. If 1 of the "Mirror Wall" copies leaves play, then the ATK is increased to half (if both copies leave play, the ATK is restored to full.)
You can activate "Mirror Wall" during the Damage Step before damage calculation.
The effect of "Mirror Wall" does not target.
"Reverse Trap" will have no effect on "Mirror Wall".
Visitors who viewed this Yu-Gi-Oh! card also viewed
Play tips for this YuGiOh Card
- Consider using this card in place of Shrink, as even if you only use it for a single turn, it will affect all of your opponent's monsters that attack. However, keep in mind that this card can be destroyed by Mystical Space Typhoon, preventing the effect altogether.
- It would be considered a great idea to activate this card on your opponent during their Damage Step. Only Counter Traps and cards that alter ATK or DEF can be activited. Thus, a Mystical Space Typhoon couldn't be chained to it. However, this card can be destroyed by Mystical Space Typhoon and other cards like it before your opponent does battle and, as said above, preventing the effect altogether.
- This card works well when your opponent attacks cards such as Don Zaloog and Hydrogeddon. Your opponent's monsters will likely be destroyed, allowing your cards' effects to activate.
- If you do the aforementioned tip, let Mirror Wall be destroyed during your next Standby Phase. The effects of those monsters should be enough for you to gain card advantage without relying on halving your opponent's strength.
- This card works well against Stardust Dragon. Your opponent will likely attack into it, planning to use it's effect, but since it doesn't destroy a card on the field, Stardust Dragon's effect can't negate it. Also, it's ATK will be cut to 1250, which is low enough for almost any monster to destroy.
- This also works well against decks using Red Dragon Archfiend. If your opponent controls any other monsters, they either have to attack into this card (which will result in their attack being halved, or, more likely than not, be destroyed by your monster) or be destroyed at the end phase.
- In Team Dueling Rules, this card is considerably more powerful; since you only need to pay during your OWN Standby Phase, and not your partner's, you can keep this card on the field for twice as long without paying any life points.
- Use this card combined with Savage Colosseum, this way your opponent must attack your monster(s), if he/she doesn´t, his/her monster will be destroyed anyway.
- This card is particularly useful in a deck featuring Uria, Lord of Searing Flames. This card can be saved until you have Uria in your hand or activate it and destroy during your next turn in order to give Uria another 1000 Attack when he hits the field.
Report error on site!
This page uses some content from Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia
at Wikia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.