DREV-ENSE1 Drill Warrior Yu-Gi-Oh! Card
" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can halve this card's ATK (permanently). If you do, it can attack your opponent directly this turn. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can discard 1 card and remove this card from play. During your next Standby Phase, Special Summon this card, if removed by this effect
. Then, add 1 Monster
Card from your Graveyard to your hand.
TCG Play Status for Drill Warrior Yu-Gi-Oh! Card
Full list of Limited and Forbidden Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards »
Rulings for Drill WarriorYu-gi-oh! Card
Adding 1 monster in the Graveyard to your hand is part of the Trigger Effect that Special Summons "Drill Warrior" during your Standby Phase.
Discarding 1 card and removing "Drill Warrior" from play are both part of the same Ignition Effect. Discarding the card is not a cost.
If you control your opponent's "Drill Warrior" and remove it from play, it will be Special Summoned to its owner's side of the field during the owner's next Standby Phase and they will add a Monster Card to their hand.
Special Summoning "Drill Warrior" and adding 1 Monster Card to your hand do not happen at the same time. You Special Summon, then add the Monster Card to your hand. "Bottomless Trap Hole" cannot be activated.
You do not target the Monster Card you return to your hand.
Even if you halve "Drill Warrior's" ATK, you do not have to attack directly.
"Drill Warrior's" ATK remains halved until "Drill Warrior" is removed from the field or flipped face-down.
Visitors who viewed this Yu-Gi-Oh! card also viewed
Play tips for this YuGiOh Card
- This card's second effect effectively resets its ATK, after halving it to attack directly.
- A basic concept of how to use this card's effects to the maximum is as follows:
- Main Phase 1: Halve this card's Attack with its effect.
- Battle Phase: Attack directly with this card's effect.
- Main Phase 2: Use this card's second effect to remove it from play by sending a card from hand to to the grave (ideally a monster).
- Standby Phase: Replace this monster back to the field and pull a monster (even the one you sent, see above) from the graveyard.
- This card is perfect for cards that have effects that activate when Sent from hand to the Graveyard or When sent to the graveyard. NOTE that the second effect cannot be specific to another area. (ie. When sent from the field to the graveyard) This works perfectly with monsters, because you can reuse it the next turn as well.
- Skull-Mark Ladybug
- Dandylion works especially well with this card. Simply discard "Dandylion" and create two tokens to defend you for the turn. On your next standby phase, return "Dandylion" (or any other monster depending on the situation) to your hand and discard it again to create two more tokens.
- Ojamagic, etc... This allows you to thin the Deck by three and still keep presence in your Hand.
- Dark World monsters: Many have useful abilities when discarded and all can be returned for additonal uses.
- By activating this card's second effect you can re-use Limited monsters. This second effect also works well by combining it with Foolish Burial and Dark Grepher to add dumped cards from your Deck almost immediately to your Hand, at the cost of -1 card.
- You can send monsters that work better in the Graveyard like The Immortal Bushi or Destiny Hero - Dasher while also getting a different card in return, effectively gaining more than what you had given.
- You can use this effect to retrieve any Exodia piece that may have been sent to the Graveyard.
- Use its effect that lets it attack directly in combination with Armor Breaker to destroy any card your opponent controls.
- After destroying a card this way, you can remove "Drill Warrior" from play and retrieve "Armor Breaker" from the graveyard next turn, then summon it and reuse this combination.
- You can Synchro Summon this card by using "Quickdraw Synchron" and a Fluff Token from "Dandylion". Send "Dandylion" to the Graveyard to Special Summon "Quickdraw Synchron", because "Dandylion" is sent to the Graveyard, two "Fluff Tokens" will be Special Summoned. Use 1 "Fluff Token" and "Quickdraw Synchron" to Synchro Summon this card. Direct attack with this card. Then during your Main Phase 2, use this card's effect to remove this card from play. Then Special Summon this card during your next Standby Phase, add "Dandylion" from your Graveyard to your hand, direct attack again w/ this card, then during you Main Phase 2, use this card's effect to remove itself from play, and use "Dandylion" as a discard material for this card's effect. During your next turn, do everything again. This will create a mini-loop.
- Level Eater also works well because you can continually summon it every turn, since this card's level is reset when it is removed from play so when it is special summoned. Simply have a Monarch, Special Summon "Level Eater" and tribute it for the "Monarch".
- It is ideal to only have one "Drill Warrior" out at a time as you may overextend your field and lose advantage.
- Use this card's effect when you have no other monsters. Use "Swift Scarecrow" when your opponent attacks Directly and then retrieve it when this is Special Summoned. (This may work better than tokens or "Level Eater" due to it ending the battle phase).
- You can use this card to return Dragunity monsters in the graveyard to your hand, in order to summon and activate their effects again.
Report error on site!
This page uses some content from Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia
at Wikia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.