IOC-046 Soul Absorption Yu-Gi-Oh! Card
Each time a card is removed from play, the controller of this card increases his/her Life Points by 500 points.
TCG Play Status for Soul Absorption Yu-Gi-Oh! Card
Full list of Limited and Forbidden Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards »
Rulings for Soul AbsorptionYu-gi-oh! Card
"Soul Absorption"'s effect is based on the number of cards, not on each "lump sum" of cards. So if 3 DARK monsters are removed from the Graveyard to Special Summon "Dark Necrofear", the controller of "Soul Absorption" gains 1500 Life Points.
However, you receive the Life Points from "Soul Absorption" as a "lump sum", so in the case of "Dark Necrofear" you gain 1500 Life Points but your "Fire Princess" would only do 500 points of damage.
"Soul Absorption" is a "trigger-like" Continuous Spell Card, not a "continuous-like" Continuous Spell Card, so activate its effect after the current chain resolves that includes removing cards from play.
The effect of "Soul Absorption" can, itself, be chained to after it activates.
If "Soul Absorption"'s effect activates in response to the Special Summon of a monster like "Dark Necrofear" or "Inferno", Soul Absorption's effect activates after the monster is Special Summoned.
For "Chaosrider Gustapth", activate "Soul Absorption"'s effect after "Chaosrider Gustaph"'s effect resolves.
Your "Soul Absorption"'s effect activates even when your opponent's cards are removed.
Visitors who viewed this Yu-Gi-Oh! card also viewed
Play tips for this YuGiOh Card
- This card combos very well with Fiend Comedian if you call the coin toss right. If used late in the duel, it can give you a potentially massive increase in Life Points.
- This card also works really well in a VWXYZ deck because you have to remove the fusion material monsters from play, so you can gain a lot of Life Points.
- Attack an opponent's monster with at least 3000 ATK with any monster with 0 ATK while you control this card. Then activate Inferno Tempest for a huge Life Point increase.
- Probably, this card's best use is in combination with Necroface to gain 5500 life points every time Necroface is removed from play, but if three of these cards are active, you gain 16500 LP instead.
- You can place this card into a Dark Armed Return deck to maintain a Life Point advantage, since many of the card's strategies involve removing cards from play.
- Use this with Handless Fake in an Infernity deck for a powerful life point engine.
- With 16 Monsters in your Deck or Graveyard, You may activate Inferno Tempest to boost your Life Points for 8000 points and achieve a sharp Life Point advantage.
Report error on site!
This page uses some content from Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia
at Wikia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.