LODT-EN001 Honest Yu-Gi-Oh! Card
During your Main Phase, you can return this card from the field
to its owner's hand. During either player's Damage Step, when a face-up LIGHT monster
you control battles, you can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to have that monster
gain ATK equal to the ATK if the opponent's monster
it is battling, until the End Phase.
TCG Play Status for Honest Yu-Gi-Oh! Card
Full list of Limited and Forbidden Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards »
Visitors who viewed this Yu-Gi-Oh! card also viewed
Write a Card Review and See All Card Reviews »
YuseiSigner 15 January 2012
Once again my friend's suggestion (thanks Karolína!). Card needed in all LIGHT decks, becase it can surprise opponent and even with mere 1100 ATK can get rid of almost ANY monster Why is that so? I will show you!
LIGHT decks are very popular - they rival with DARK, or just join together into Chaos. There are so many LIGHT decks - classic Angels, Agents, Lightsworn or upcoming Sacred. And ... Read Full »
Play tips for this YuGiOh Card
- You can chain this card with another copy of Honest.
- With Athena and Ultimate Offering, you can use this card's effect to return to the hand during the Main Phase and continuously summon it again, dealing Damage for a slightly effective OTK. Bear in mind, you can't be at a noticeable Life Point disadvantage to do this. If you run Spring of Rebirth, your Life Points will stay the same while your opponent's go down.
- Another worthwhile note of "Athena" is that you can summon a Fairy for 600 direct damage, use Athena's effect to send that fairy to the grave to summon "Honest" for another 600 damage, and then return that "Honest" to hand for use later, or to attack for 2600 or more if the opponent controls an ATK position monster and you are confident the attack will succeed, for 4000+ life points in one turn.
- Asura Priest's" ability to attack all monsters on your opponent's side of the field makes the ATK boost very effective in combination.
- This card is a staple in most Lightsworn, Worm and Fabled Decks.
- Setting this card can be a good bluff. Its high DEF means it will be difficult to destroy through battle, and if the opponent attacks and doesn't destroy it that turn, simply return it to your hand when it's your turn.
- In a deck based around Archlord Kristya, this card can be retrieved with the "Kristya's" effect, making your "Kristya" even more difficult to get rid of.
- Mind Crush can be a more reliable alternative. When your opponent attacks your monsters with a weaker LIGHT Monster, it can be assumed that they have "Honest" in their hand. Using "Mind Crush" before the Damage Step prevents the opponent from using their "Honest" by sending any copies of it in their hand to the graveyard. As an added bonus, their weaker monster is also destroyed in battle. This method can eliminate all copies of Honest in the opponent's hand, leaving their weaker monsters defenseless unless they draw another copy.
Report error on site!
This page uses some content from Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia
at Wikia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.