SOVR-EN040 Majestic Star Dragon Yu-Gi-Oh! Card
" + "Stardust Dragon
" + 1 non-Tuner monster
You can Tribute this card to negate the activation of an opponent's Spell
Card, or Effect Monster
and destroy all cards your opponent controls. Once per turn, you can negate the effect
(s) of 1 face-up monster
your opponent controls until the End Phase. Also, if the negated effect
can be activated, you can activate it once as this card's effect
. During the End Phase, return this card from the field
to the Extra Deck, and Special Summon 1 "Stardust Dragon
" from your Graveyard.
TCG Play Status for Majestic Star Dragon Yu-Gi-Oh! Card
Full list of Limited and Forbidden Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards »
Rulings for Majestic Star DragonYu-gi-oh! Card
If you negate the effects of a monster with "Majestic Star Dragon" you can only activate 1 of the monster's effects 1 time.
The effect to return "Majestic Star Dragon" to the Extra Deck is mandatory. It activates even if an effect that prohibits Special Summons is applied. In that case, you return "Majestic Star Dragon" to the Extra Deck but will not Special Summon "Stardust Dragon."
If "G.B. Hunter" is on the field, the effect to return "Majestic Star Dragon" to the Extra Deck will activate and resolve without effect.
If you activate the effect of the monster that "Majestic Star Dragon" negated it will start a Chain. "Divine Wrath" can be used against this effect and will destroy "Majestic Star Dragon" in this case.
The effect to Special Summon "Stardust Dragon" targets the "Stardust Dragon." It activates even if there is no "Stardust Dragon" in the Graveyard.
If you negate the effect of a monster and then take control of that monster with another effect, the monster's effect is still negated.
If you negate your opponent's "Majestic Star Dragon" with your own, you can activate the effect once again to negate another monster.
You cannot gain and activate the effect of a Gladiator Beast that returns to the Main Deck, but you can gain and activate the effect of a Gladiator Beast that returns to the Extra Deck.
If "Majestic Star Dragon" is destroyed by battle, it cannot activate the effects of monsters like "Hyper Hammerhead."
If you negate "The Six Samurai - Yaichi" you cannot apply the effect to destroy another "Six Samurai" instead if "Majestic Star Dragon" would be destroyed.
If you negate "Morphtronic Celfon" you can only activate one of its effects, corresponding to the battle position of "Majestic Star Dragon."
If you negate the effect of a Gemini monster that is being treated as a Normal Monster, you cannot activate its effect. If you negate the effect of a Gemini monster after it's been Normal Summoned again, you cannot activate the negated effect because "Majestic Star Dragon" cannot be Summoned twice.
If you negate a card with an Ignition Effect like "Exiled Force" you can use its effect.
If you negate "Sangan" with "Majestic Star Dragon" you cannot activate its effect if "Majestic Star Dragon" is sent to the Graveyard.
You must pay all costs and meet all conditions required for the negated effect that you want to activate with "Majestic Star Dragon."
You can only activate the negated effect during the turn you negated it with "Majestic Star Dragon."
"Majestic Star Dragon" can activate effects that start a Chain. Ignition, Quick, and Trigger Effects can all be activated, but Continuous Effects that are always applied cannot be applied by "Majestic Star Dragon."
If you negate "Sangan" with "Majestic Star Dragon" and then attack it, the effect of "Sangan" will activate and resolve normally.
"Majestic Star Dragon" cannot negate the effect of a monster whose effect is already being negated.
You can Tribute "Majestic Star Dragon" to negate an opponent's card even if they control no cards to be destroyed.
You can use "Stardust Dragon" as a Synchro Material Monster for "Majestic Star Dragon" even if it's being treated as a Tuner.
You can Summon "Majestic Star Dragon" if "Majestic Dragon" is being treated as a non-Tuner and "Stardust Dragon" is being treated as a Tuner.
Visitors who viewed this Yu-Gi-Oh! card also viewed
Play tips for this YuGiOh Card
- Use this card with Skill Drain to prevent this card from returning to the Extra Deck, while not affecting its first effect, as it involves tributing itself as an activation cost, thus not being on the field when the effect resolves. The only problem with using Skill Drain is that you cannot activate its second effect (using the opponent's effect).
- Or use Axe of Fools to the same purpose (and problem) plus ATK bonus.
- You can also use Forbidden Chalice to prevent this card from going to the Extra Deck and give it 400 more ATK. If you use it after you battle, "Majestic Star Dragon" will be able to stick around for future battles.
- Use effects like Ectoplasmer to Tribute this card so it won't have to return to the Extra Deck and to also Special Summon it a bit easier during a later turn.
- Special Summon this card from the Graveyard via Wicked Rebirth so it will not return to the Extra Deck. You can't use this card's effect on your opponent's monsters, but you can, however, use its effect that negates your opponent's card effect since it will detach itself from "Wicked Rebirth" once it is Tributed.
- It is highly unlikely your opponent will give you a chance to put this card in your Graveyard. You can use a card to tribute it yourself (like Mystic Wok) to target it with "Wicked Rebirth"
- You can activate this monster's effect against Earthbound Immortals, as even though they no longer need a Field Spell to be active for one turn, they can't use their effects and they become vulnerable to being attacked by your "Majestic Star Dragon", or another one of your potentially strong monster.
- Bait Doll can make your opponent activate a trap, so you can clear his field.
- Keep in mind that you cannot chain to a card's forced activation. Your opponent must chain a card of their own in order to use the effect of "Majestic Star Dragon".
- If you haven't Normal Summoned on this card's Summon turn, and you have already attacked and/or used this card's effect, you can make good use of this card's ATK by tributing it for Strong Wind Dragon for a piercing beatstick of 4300 to use next turn.
- Combine this card with "Drill Warrior" and "Dandylion" to make returning this monster to the extra deck not so much of a drawback, as he can be re-summoned easily in future turns, by continuously dumping Dandylion to keep summoning one star Fluff Tokens and returning Majestic Star to hand in order to synchro summon and retrieve Majestic Star Dragon. This way, you can possibly summon Majestic Star Dragon on your next 2 turns, and then resupply tokens for the third turn, thus keeping him in play for 2 out of every 3 of your future turns. If you can manage to get two Drill Warriors to the field, then you create an endless cycle of summoning "Majestic Star Dragon" every turn, so long as you pay attention to monster card zone limit.
- Combine above strategy with scrubbed raid to use tokens as fodder while setting up combo and/or protection from attacks
Report error on site!
This page uses some content from Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia
at Wikia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.