SOVR-EN099 Clear World Yu-Gi-Oh! Card
During each of your End Phases, pay 500 Life Points or destroy this card. Each player receives certain effects
, depending on the monster
Attributes they control.
TCG Play Status for Clear World Yu-Gi-Oh! Card
Full list of Limited and Forbidden Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards »
Rulings for Clear WorldYu-gi-oh! Card
If you control a monster with an effect that treats it as having multiple Attributes, all the relevant effects of "Clear World" will apply to you.
Even if "Field Barrier" is active, if you don't pay the cost of "Clear World" during the End Phase it will be destroyed.
You still have to pay 500 Life Points to activate Spell Cards if you control a WIND monster, even if you also control "Spell Economics."
The WIND effect of "Clear World" only applies to activating Spell Cards. You do not pay Life Points when you activate the effect of a Spell Card that is already face-up on the field.
If you control "Clear Vice Dragon" and any EARTH, FIRE, or WATER monsters, the effect of "Clear World" will still start a Chain but it will resolve without effect.
The EARTH, FIRE, and WATER effects of "Clear World" each start their own Chain. You do not form a single Chain with all 3 effects.
The LIGHT, DARK, and WIND effects of "Clear World" do not start a Chain.
Visitors who viewed this Yu-Gi-Oh! card also viewed
Play tips for this YuGiOh Card
- You can handicap your opponent by summoning Monsters to his side of the field. However, you may need to use Mask of Restrict to stop your opponent simply using them as tribute them before the effects are applied. Some examples include:
- Ameba is much easier to summon, and inflicts 2000 damage when swapped. It will then force your opponent to discard a card if it is still on the field during his End Phase.
- Monsters such as Fox Fire cannot be used as a Tribute, so may prove difficult for your opponent to remove, making them good "Creature Swap" targets.
- There is currently only one monster of the Clear archetype that has been released, so it is (almost) inevitable that you will be handicapped by at least one of this card's effects, until you summon Clear Vice Dragon to your field and drop all of the effects. It is clearly advantageous to build a deck using monsters of the same attribute so you have only one handicap to deal with, allowing you to devise a strategy to minimize the impact and dangers of this card upon yourself.
- Another option is to to use this card with LIGHT monsters, as you only have to play with your hand revealed.
- Combo with DNA Transplant for any of the above strategies so that both players suffer only one of this card's consequences.
- Earthbound Immortals are perfect for this card. If you control only 1 monster and that monster is an "Earthbound Immortal", you will be completely unaffected by this card.
- Malefic monsters have the same advantage.
- Keep in mind that you can also sidestep most effects from "Clear World" with "Egyptian Gods", due to their unique attribute (DIVINE) that will not give you a negative effect. You will still have to pay the 500 Lifepoints though.
- Since the "Fabled" cards rather have you discard cards from your hand, or can only work with little cards in your hand, there is not much revealed by this cards effect, so putting "Clear World" in a "Fabled" deck wouldn't be half bad.
- Good to Side Deck in case you run into a Deck with multipule attributes. Such as Elemental Heroes, Fortune Ladies or The Six Samurai.
Report error on site!
This page uses some content from Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia
at Wikia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.