STBL-EN040 Shooting Star Dragon Yu-Gi-Oh! Card
1 Tuner Synchro Monster
+ "Stardust Dragon
Each of these effects
can be activated once per turn: ● Reveal the top 5 cards of your Deck. Shuffle them back in, and this card's maximum number of attacks this turn is equal to the number of Tuner monsters
revealed. ● Negate the activation of an effect
that would destroy a card(s) on the field
, and destroy that card. ● When your opponent's monster
declares an attack you can select it, then remove this card from play and negate the attack. During the End Phase, Special Summon this card that was removed from play by this effect
TCG Play Status for Shooting Star Dragon Yu-Gi-Oh! Card
Full list of Limited and Forbidden Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards »
Rulings for Shooting Star DragonYu-gi-oh! Card
1 Tuner Synchro Monster + "Stardust Dragon"
Each of these can be activated once per turn:
•Reveal the top 5 cards of your Deck. Shuffle them back in, and this card's maximum number of attacks
this turn is equal to the number of Tuner monsters revealed.
•Negate the activation of an effect that would destroy a card(s) on the field, and destroy that card.
•When your opponent's monster declares an attack, you can select it, then remove this card from play
and negate the attack. During the End Phase, Special Summon this card that was removed from play by
If you have no Tuners in your Deck, you cannot activate the first effect.
If you do not have at least 5 cards in your Deck you cannot activate the first effect.
If you reveal no Tuner monsters with the first effect, Shooting Star Dragon cannot attack that turn.
This card's first effect sets its maximum number of attacks during EACH Battle Phase.
You still reveal the top 5 cards of your Deck even if Shooting Star Dragon isn't on the field when the first
effect resolves. You also still reveal if you have less than 4 cards in your Deck when the effect resolves.
The third effect targets the attacking monster.
If your opponent's attack is not negated by the third effect, Shooting Star Dragon is still Special
Summoned in the End Phase.
If your opponent controls your Shooting Star Dragon and activates its third effect, it is Special
Summoned to your side of the field in the End Phase.
The effect to Special Summon Shooting Star Dragon in the End Phase activates only once per End
Phase. If it is negated, it doesn't activate again during that same End Phase.
Visitors who viewed this Yu-Gi-Oh! card also viewed
Play tips for this YuGiOh Card
- This card is fairly easy to summon in a "Lightsworn" Deck. All you need is Glow-Up Bulb, Spore and Plaguespreader Zombie in your Graveyard and Wulf, Lightsworn Beast and Foolish Burial in your Hand as well as a Dandylion in your Deck (or "Dandylion" in your Hand and "Wulf, Lightsworn Beast" in your Deck, doesn't matter). Use "Foolish Burial" to send "Dandylion" to the Graveyard, triggering its effect to Special Summon 2 Level 1 tokens. Then, activate "Plaguespreader Zombie's" effect, and place "Wulf, Lightsworn Beast" on top of your Deck. Send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard (which is "Wulf") to Special Summon "Glow-Up Bulb" from the Graveyard and "Wulf, Lightsworn Beast", since you send it from the deck to the Graveyard. Tune "Glow-Up Bulb" with one of the tokens to Synchro Summon "Formula Synchron" and draw a card. Banish "Dandylion" from your Graveyard to Special Summon "Spore". Tune "Spore" with "Wulf, Lightsworn Beast" to Synchro Summon "Stardust Dragon". Tune "Formula Synchron" with "Stardust Dragon" to Synchro Summon "Shooting Star Dragon". Since you didn't Normal Summon, you can summon any monster for another Synchro Summon, since "Plaguespreader Zombie" is still on the field (preferably Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner and discard a card to Special Summon "Wulf, Lightsworn Beast" to Synchro Summon Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier, which will give you a nice card advantage.)
- You can Synchro Summon this card easily with Debris Dragon and Doppelwarrior in your hand, and one Glow-Up Bulb in your Graveyard. Normal Summon "Debris Dragon, then use its effect to Special Summon "Glow-Up Bulb" from your Graveyard, then Special Summon "Doppelwarrior" from your hand. Tune "Debris Dragon" and "Doppelwarrior" to Synchro Summon any Level 6 Dragon-type Synchro Monster. Special Summon 2 Doppel Tokens. Tune "Glow-up Bulb" with one "Doppel Token" to Synchro Summon "Formula Synchron". Special Summon "Glow-Up Bulb" from your Graveyard via its effect. Tune "Glow-up Bulb" with one "Doppel Token" to Synchro Summon another "Formula Synchron". Tune one "Formula Synchron" with the Level 6 Dragon-type Synchro Monster to Synchro Summon "Stardust Dragon". Tune the other "Formula Synchron" with "Stardust Dragon" to Summon this card.
- If your running a Dragunity deck, you may also use the following steps. In your hand, you should have the following: Dragunity Arma Mystletainn, Dragunity Phalanx, Unknown Synchron, Stardust Xiaolong, and Dragon Ravine. Be assured that before you do this, your opponent has a monster. First in any order, special summon "Unknown Synchron" from hand and activate "Dragon Ravine". Second,Ussing Ravine's effect, Discard "Star Dust Xiaolong" from hand to take any Dragunity Card( Note; You may also use this effect to take "Dragunity Phalanx" if "Dragunity Phalanx" is not in your hand cards, or discard any card to dispose Xiaolong from deck to grave if you don't have Xiaolong in your hand cards). Third, Normal Summon "Dragunity Phalanx" from hand, then offer it to Special Summon "Dragunity Arma Mystletainn" from hand. Using Mystletainn's effect, equip Phalanx from grave so it will be special summoned. Then, tune Phalanx and Mystletainn to Syncro Summon Stardust Dragon. Since stardust have been syncro summoned, Stardust Xiaolong will be special summoned from grave due to its effect. Now, use your previously summoned Unknown Syncron to tune it with Xiaolong to Syncro summon Formula Synchron. And lastly, Tune Formula Syncron with Stardust to Syncro Summon Shooting Star Dragon with still having at least 2-3 cards remaining in your hand, due to ravine and formula's effect depending on how you've used ravine, if you do this in your very first turn! Just accomplish the main idea of having Xiaolong in your grave and being able to summon Stardust afterward with the presence of a LV 1 tuner on your field and you may use this strategy in different variations!
- You can prevent your opponent from removing from play this card by using Imperial Iron Wall, making this card much harder to get rid of. But note that you will not be able to use this card to negate attacks if you do so.
- Equip this card with Silver Wing to make this card extremely powerful, together with its own negation ability.
- You should use cards that return tuner monsters from your graveyard to your deck like Pot of Avarice, A Prayer to Gusta, Des Feral Imp, Emperor Sem, Eviritua Mind Ogress, Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord, Genesis Dragon, Pot of Benevolence, Psychic Overload, R-Genex Ultimum or The Transmigration Prophecy.
- this combo is specially effective in a Gusto Deck, since they can return Tuner monsters to the deck easily, giving this card the chance of attacking at least two or even three times if possible.
- To Destroy this card, the best way is to use Divine Wrath in your deck, to ensure effectiveness be sure to add another copy of the same card.
- This card's second and third effects makes it relatively hard to destroy this monster.
- One option is to use 2 destruction cards, like Smashing Ground, Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter, Raigeki Break etc.), 1 Banish card (like Karma Cut, Caius the Shadow Monarch, etc.)
- Another is to activate a card to return it to the Extra Deck. Cards like Compulsory Evacuation Device, Penguin Soldier, Raiza the Storm Monarch, Abyss Soldier, Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier can complete this task.
- Another is to activate a card that sends cards to the graveyard but does not destroy it, like Crystal Abundance, Dark End Dragon, Codarus, etc.
- This card bears the same weakness as cards with similar self-removal effects: namely, by using Burial from a Different Dimension (or cards with similar effects) once this card has been banished by its own effect. You will force this card into the Graveyard and prevent its return to the field.
Report error on site!
This page uses some content from Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia
at Wikia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.