SD1-EN018 Creature Swap Yu-Gi-Oh! Card
Image for reference only!
Both players select 1 monster
from their respective sides of the field
and switch control of those monsters
with each other. The selected monsters
cannot change their battle positions this turn.
TCG Play Status for Creature Swap Yu-Gi-Oh! Card
Full list of Limited and Forbidden Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards »
Rulings for Creature SwapYu-gi-oh! Card
"Creature Swap" does not target. The monsters are chosen when its effect resolves, not when "Creature Swap" is activated.
The opponent cannot chain "Fairy's Hand Mirror", "Riryoku Field", or "Shift" to "Creature Swap" because it does not target. For the same reason, "Lord of D." does not prevent Dragon-Type monsters from being selected, and "Freed the Matchless General" will not negate the effect of "Creature Swap".
Both players must have at least 1 eligible monster on the field for "Creature Swap" to be activated. If the opponent chains a card (such as "Ring of Destruction") to destroy the only monster on one side of the field, the effect of "Creature Swap" disappears.
Monsters affected by "Creature Swap" do not return to their owner's control at the end of the turn, they stay under the opponent's control until removed from the field or a card effect such as "Remove Brainwashing" says otherwise.
The battle position of monsters affected by "Creature Swap" may be changed by card effects the turn "Creature Swap" was activated.
A player may select a monster that had its battle position changed earlier in the turn (manually or by card effect).
A player may select a Monster Token.
A player may select a monster Special Summoned by "Call of the Haunted" or "Premature Burial". If the "Call of the Haunted" or "Premature Burial", still on the opponent's side of the field, is destroyed, the monster targeted by those cards is destroyed also.
A player may select a monster that is equipped with "Snatch Steal". The original owner of the creature, who now controls the creature again, will still gain 1000 Life Points each turn from the opponent's "Snatch Steal" card as long as it remains on the field.
A player may activate "Change of Heart" to gain control of an opponent's monster, and then activate "Creature Swap" and select that monster to return to the opponent. At the end of the turn, the monster targeted by "Change of Heart" does not switch sides again since it is already on the owner's side of the field.
Visitors who viewed this Yu-Gi-Oh! card also viewed
Play tips for this YuGiOh Card
- If you give your opponent a searcher like Giant Rat or Mystic Tomato, you get to search for a monster and special summon it, not your opponent. "Mystic Tomato" is especially potent with this combo because you can search out a Don Zaloog or Spirit Reaper with it, and will often get to discard a card from the opponent's hand.
- This strategy can disable your opponent's chances of winning, simply swap your monster with the opponent's and tribute it to Normal Summon one of your monsters. If the monster you switched was your opponent's strongest card, even better.
- Swap your attack-position Marshmallon to your opponent, and attack it with all of your monsters to deliver heavy damage. Alternatively, you can use Arcana Force 0 - The Fool as it cannot be switched into defense-position.
- Grinder Golem can be Swapped, and deliver a massive 3000 points of damage while providing card advantage.
- If your opponent only controls monsters with the same ATK use this card to take control of one of them, then use it to attack another one. In this way you can get rid of 2 opponent's monsters, regardless of their strength.
- Ideally, use this card when your opponent only has one monster on the field, to ensure you get the monster you want. In addition, this card can bypass most monsters that cannot be destroyed by effects, which can be a pain for your opponent, as now he has to think of a way to get rid of the monster without using an effect to destroy it.
Report error on site!
This page uses some content from Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia
at Wikia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.