SDJ-041 Scapegoat Yu-Gi-Oh! Card
When this card is activated, you cannot summon any monster
in the same turn (including Flip Summon and Special Summon). Place 4 "Sheep Tokens
/1 Star/ATK 0/DEF 0) in Defense Position on your side of the field
. The tokens
cannot be used as a Tribute for a Tribute Summon.
TCG Play Status for Scapegoat Yu-Gi-Oh! Card
Full list of Limited and Forbidden Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards »
Visitors who viewed this Yu-Gi-Oh! card also viewed
Play tips for this YuGiOh Card
- Though you can't use the goats for a Tribute Summon, you can still tribute them for a Special Summon, if a card requires it.
- "Scapegoat" is a very flexible card, doubly so because it is a Quick-Play Spell Card. It is best set onto the field, and then activated during your opponent's End Phase. That way, the Cannot summon on the turn this card is activated will not apply. It is also a great way to bluff your opponent and make them waste cards like Mystical Space Typhoon and Dust Tornado. For this reason, it is often a good idea to activate "Scapegoat" only when necessary.
- Activate "Scapegoat" during your opponent's End Phase. Then, on your turn, switch a token to Attack Position and use Creature Swap on it, allowing a pseudo-Direct Attack.
- Although you cannot use the goats for tribute summoning stronger monsters, they can still be used to benefit monsters on the field (as long as the effect justifies it). A very good example of this is Panther Warrior, who is able to use them towards his advantage.
- This card can also be used against an opponent's Fissure so that one of your "Sheep Tokens" would be destroyed rather one of your monsters (in most cases anyway).
- Activate Enemy Controller and sacrifice a "Sheep Token" to take control of an opponent's monster and tribute it for a Tribute Summon. This way you get to keep three "Sheep Tokens" on your side of the field, were able to use one as a tribute, AND get rid of an opponent's monster.
- Chain All-Out Attacks to force your opponent to attack with the tokens or at least change them to Attack position if it's during your turn.
- This works well with Substitoad in a Frog Deck since you can bring out up to four "Frog" monsters.
- Combining this card with Rampage Fight and United We Stand is 800 points from being an OTK.
Report error on site!
This page uses some content from Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia
at Wikia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.